Saturday, July 1, 2017

Sketch N Scrap #132

Hi crafty friends!!
I hope you are having a Super Saturday!!
Today I am so happy that I get to share with you my first post as a design team member for


Just in case you don't already know, Sketch N Scrap is a sketch challenge blog that offers Layout and Card sketches each month! Cool huh? I know I need some layout sketches to get my rear in gear and actually get some pictures onto some layouts haha! You don't even want to know how far behind I am in my actual albums! A year or so ago I bought a stand that holds 12x12 layouts and I'm having fun filling that up with some single page layouts of some more recent photos (I was always a double page girl). I'm not worried about scrapping in order anymore, as long as I'm getting some done, I'm a happy girl now. Enough of my gibberish. 

Here is a look at the July 1st sketch courtesy of Lisa:

and here is the layout that I made based on the above sketch:


My daughter and her boyfriend recently went to one of those paint nights (I'm jealous) and so I created a layout for her to put into her album of them. I started out by using some older light blue cardstock that I had in my stash from awhile ago for my base. Following the sketch, I added strips at the bottom and top using some patterned papers from Echo Park and Bella Blvd. The green and yellow cardstock are from AC and the white cardstock is Georgia Pacific. I was inspired by the colors in the paintings on the wall and tried to pull from there. Once I had all of my papers adhered, I added my photos. I cut the paint splatters and paintbrush from an SVG by KaDoodle Bug out and put them onto my layout. I cut the title out with my Cricut and stamped the date. I finished off my layout with a few doodles here and there with my black Micron pen and some white Nuvo drops to act as paint drops. My daughter will be using the yellow and pink strip along the bottom to add her journaling about the night. I think the layout came out super cute and my daughter really liked it too :) 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and take a look at my latest creation!
I appreciate it so much!
Don't forget to swing by the Sketch N Scrap blog and take a look at what my talented DT sisters made with the sketch. I hope you decide to play along, I would love to see what you create!
Have a great crafty day!!
Supply List:
--Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific), Green & Yellow (AC), All others (Recollections)
--Patterned paper: Watermelon Large Dots (Echo Park), The Littlest Things (Bella Blvd.)
--SVG: My Little Artist (KaDoodle Bug)
--Misc.: Gloss White Nuvo Drops, Clear Wink Of Stella, Date Roller Stamp, Black Micron Pen

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Pretty layout!!

Darlene said...

What an awesome take on the sketch and fabulous layout page for your daughter! I went to one of these events last year with my daughter ... oh what fun. Ours was also at a winery and it was called 'Sip & Paint' ... I like the name at your daughters event ... wine & design ... clever! I started out papercrafting with scrapbooking ... after 12 albums I switched to card making and haven't looked back. My grandkids are 25 & 20 now and Nana doesn't get as many photos as she used to but that's okay ...

Lisa in Texas said...

This is beautiful Stacey! LOVE these bright colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...