Saturday, March 23, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Hi Everyone!
I hope your weekend is off to a great start!

Today I am here to show you another project using those awesome CTMH products for
Dr. Phil Scraps!

Have you guys seen the new 6x6 canvas display (Z1818)?
They are absolutely perfect to make a little home decor item for your home.

This is what I made:
(easel for photo purposes only and is not included)

I will be putting this in my entry way so it is seen as soon as we walk in the door.

It was really simple to make too!
All I did was cut out "Home Sweet Home"  from my Sophisticated Cricut Cartridge out at 4.75". To adhere it to the canvas, I simply brushed some tacky glue onto the back of my words using a foam brush and adhered. 

Then I decided each corner needed a little something so I decided to make some rolled roses using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge (Z1790)

You can find the roses on page 54 (Accent 2) in the handbook.
My roses were cut from Ruby Cardstock (X5927) at 2.5", 2" & 1.5".  After they were rolled, I sprayed them with a little glimmer spray to give them a little sparkle. After they were dry, I adhered them to the canvas with some tacky glue.

In the opposite corner, I decided to use a punch and punch out some butterflies and use the 
Sparkles Flourishes (Z1812) as their flight pattern. 

I am so happy with how this turned out and it makes an excellent decor item for my home!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and taking a look at my creation!
I really appreciate it!

Don't forget to check out Dr. Phil Scraps for more inspiration!

Have a great crafty day!
Photobucket
*I created this project while on the Dr. Phil Scraps Design Team*

Supplies:
CTMH Products:

Other Products:
Cricut Cartridge: Sophisticated
Cuttlebug: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Punch: Monarch Butterfly (Martha Stewart Crafts)
Misc.: Bubblegum Glimmer Spray (Ditto), Tacky Glue

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Great job, Stacey....you rocked this little canvas! Cute!

Nana said...

Beautiful. Love the colors and really loving the flowers.

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

Migdalia said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!Awesome job!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Maria Matter said...

I love seeing home decor projects! this is beautiful Stacey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...