Thursday, February 23, 2012

Birthday Card

Hi everyone! Happy Thursday! Any exciting plans coming up for the weekend? I plan on crafting as much as I can this weekend. I have a lot of projects to catch up on. :) Today I woud like to share with you a card that I made for the following challenges:

Birthday Sundaes: Stair Step/Center Step/Side Step Birthday Cards

Cooking With Cricut: Birthday Cake, Cupcakes and/or Balloons

Here is the card that i created for the challenges:



I made this card for a friend who has a birthday coming up soon. I hope she likes it. I cut my cupcake out of the Sweet Treats cricut cartridge at 2". You can't really tell to well from the picture but the white parts of the card are embossed with the Happy Birthday Cuttlebug folder and the "icing" on the cupcake is Pearl Beads in a Bottle. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look at my latest creation. I really appreciate it! I hope you have a great crafty day!

Photobucket

Supplies:
Cricut Cartridge: Sweet Treats
Card Stock: Melon Mambo & Pink Pirouette (SU!), White (Georgia Pacific)
Stamp: Yummy Puns (Joy's Life)
Ink: Melon Mambo (SU!)
Cuttlebug: Happy Birthday Embossing Folder
Dies: Labels Four (Spellbinders)
Misc.: White Pearl Beads in a Bottle, White Offray Ribbon, Recollection Pearls

10 comments:

Kimberly J. said...

Love the colors of this!! Great card!! :) Your friend will just love this I am sure of it! Thanks for joining us this week at Birthday Sundaes!! :)

Nita said...

This is gorgeous! I love the simplicity of it, and how you used just 2 colours. So, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CWC. :)
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

mum of two said...

Very cute card. great colors and I love the "icing" on the cupcake :) TFS

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Super cute! Love how that cupcake in the center takes center stage! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!

Kristie W. said...

Love your card!! Great use of the embossing folder and I adore the sentiment :) Thank you for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

Court said...

Your card is so cute! Thanks for playing with us at CWC!

Madison said...

This is such a pretty card:) I really love the soft colors. TFS and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut!
~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Great clean and simple card, Stacey! Love the embossing and the colors just pop off the white. Thanks so much for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Now that I know how to do these step cards. I'm loving them. Thanks for playing with us at CWC. Smooches... Sous Chef Feli

Patty B said...

Congrats on the Top 3 pick from Fantabulous Cooking With Cricut! This is such a cute card! Well deserved! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...