Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memories Frame

Happy Wednesday! Are you guys ready for another great challenge over at Cooking With Cricut this week?

In honor of National Gingersnap Day, you are being challenged to make a project using the following pictures as inspiration:





You must also have two of the following colors in your project:

Tangerine
Yellow
Cream - Vanilla
Ginger - Brown
Green
Kraft, White or Black as accents if necessary

I used the floral picture as my inspiration and the colors yellow, green and cream and created this frame:



This was just a plain wooden frame that I bought knowing I was going to alter it but not quite sure how. When I saw the floral picture above, I was inspired. You cant really see it in this picture but after I painted the frame cream, I used some white pearl mist to add some shimmer to the frame as well as the flowers.

Here is a close up of the flowers:



For my flowers, I cut the flowers out of Accent Essentials in various sizes and layered them on top of each other and curled up the petals. The biggest flower is 2.5" and the smallest is .5". The leaves were cut from Storybook at 1.5" and Memories was cut from Home Decor at 1".

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to take a look at my latest creation! Don't forget to stop by Cooking With Cricut to see what the rest of design team came up with as well as entering the challenge yourself!

I am also entering this into Emma's Throwback Thursday challenge of using an older cartridge and the colors yellow and green. I hope you have a great crafty day!
Photobucket


Supplies:
Cricut--Accent Essentials, Home Decor & Storybook
Card Stock--Daffodil Delight & Old Olive (SU!)
Misc--Wooden Frame, Recollections Gems, Perfect Pearls Mist

3 comments:

Kimberly J. said...

This frame is just Gorgeous!!! I love those flowers and the colors! You did a great job following the inspiration!! :)

Jen said...

Love this frame, Stacey! The flowers are gorgeous!

~ Jen

Glora said...

Cute frame and I absolutely LOVE the way you did those flowers! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...